Sunday, November 15, 2009

first weekend together

Chris and Norah came out to Aurora this weekend. It was short and sweet. Friday night I was on call and bound to the campus. Chris and I took Norahdog (a nickname we both used coincidentally) for a walk around campus and then let her run around the tennis courts. She really enjoyed sprinting between the two of us. Chris then took her to my dad's house and apparently Norah and Lucy hit it off right away. Chris and I tried going to bed early so we could spend the whole day with Norahdog since I had Saturday off.

Saturday was a bit more eventful, we picked up both Norahdog and Lucy to go to the dogpark, the two had been playing all morning and were already worn out. When we got to the dog park we found something quite odd in the bark park lot, a box of sex toys! I was in disbelief as that is the last thing you would expect to find laying around but there it was, just a box full next to my car. Laughing we went into the fenced in area of the park where there were 3 other dogs playing. Norah loves people so she ran to say hello to them first but got ambushed by the other dogs. There was a great dane that came bounding up whenever she tried to run and I think that freaked her out as she is usually the fastest and not used to being chased by something the size of a horse. Both her and Lucy tried to play with the little black dog fetching a ball but this retriever decided he wanted to be a little more than friends and Lucy retreated to the top of the picnic table out of humpsway (smart girl, no means no). But Norah is too young to know what that is and just got drooled on as this dog followed her around. We eventally left when both our dogs gave up. When we got back to the house we tried to see if Norah would go potty and stuck her in the backyard while we ate lunch. We were trying to give her space and maybe she wouldn't feel threatened and would just go. Well she decided that she liked the scent of a pile of poo and rubbed her face in it. Yes, poop all over the face. It was fresh and way out of the usual area that the other dogs go in so we think it was hers. I'm not sure if it was a way to be proud of herself or a way to give us the middle finger. Chris and I had to cart her upstairs and toss her in the tub. Let me just say wiping wet poo off a dog face may be one of the nastier things I've ever had to do. Chris just held her down while I did the dirty work (thanks for that boy :) Norahdog then got her post bath burst of energy and ran around with Lucy.

Norahdog is so gentle and calm. Chris and I are so lucky to have, hopefully this poop thing is just a phase. I always wanted a redhead child with freckles, I guess I finally got one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment