Monday, November 09, 2009

Norah Gets a Bath

After visiting two dog parks and walking around Lake Ahquabi, Norah was starting to get pretty dirty. So, we decided it was time for a bath.

Kerby recommended moisturizing dog shampoo with oatmeal in it, so I went and picked up some that fit those criteria. It also smells like vanilla which I thought was cool.

Surprisingly, Norah took the bath without any complaints! Her adoption listing mentioned that she likes water, so I suppose that had something to do with it... Granted, it wasn't like she was particularly enjoying it, but she didn't put up a fight either. She just stood in the tub looking at me with her "I'm humoring my crazy human" expression (which I seem to get from her a lot) until I was finished washing her.

After the bath, Norah decided that it would be fun to be Norah the Super Hyper Speed Dog so she ran back and forth all over the apartment for a good 15 minutes. After chasing her around a bit (which I'm sure contributed to her hyper-ness), I brushed her so that her coat is nice and shiny. Then she jumped up on the couch with me and we watched The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

She doesn't exactly smell like vanilla though (more like dog, with a hint of vanilla), but her coat is all soft and fluffy now which is nice. The soap bottle recommends weekly baths but I think that's a bit excessive - although we'll see how things go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment