Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Norah decides she likes to eat in bed...

So, when Norah is home by herself she lives in the kitchen. There are multiple reasons for this: 1) her food and water dishes are also in the kitchen, 2) there is an exterior window that is low to the ground so she can look outside, 3) there isn't really anything that she can destroy that is within reach of her in the kitchen, and perhaps most importantly, 4) the kitchen isn't carpeted which is good since we are still working on the whole "pooping outside" thing and while there is progress there are also accidents.

Since the kitchen floor is not covered with nice soft carpet, I usually put Norah's pillow in the kitchen for her. Today, I took her whole "house" to the kitchen for her - doggie tent and all - thinking she might like that.

Well, I got back home and noticed that her food bowl was not where it usually was. Upon further inspection, I discovered it wedged in behind her pillow inside her tent! She somehow managed to pick up this food bowl and carefully move it to her "house" without spilling all the food. Crazy dog...

I applauded her amazing demonstration of doggie dexterity, and moved the food bowl back to where it belongs.

But this is not the only weird thing she does...

Norah also likes to crawl in under the couch to sleep. When I move to the bedroom to check my email and such, she crawls in under the bed (the human bed, that is) and naps until I tell her it is time for her to go to bed, then she gets in her own bed to sleep.

I wish I knew what was going on in her head because I'll bet it is interesting...


Norah under the human bed, with her "are you done yet so that we can go to sleep already?" look.




Norah in her own bed, munching away on her "chew and clean" bone (it's supposed to be good for her teeth, and tastes like chicken apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment