Wednesday, November 04, 2009

We add an H to Nora's name...

I went to meet Nora today, and adopted her on the spot! She was just too cute to let her go. Some paperwork was signed, and Nora hopped into my car without much fuss. On the drive home, she sniffed around and eventually found a spot that she decided was the best place for her to be and sat there the whole way home (now when we drive anywhere, this is her spot, so apparently she picked a good one).

I'm not sure if Kerby really expected to adopt Nora right away, but judging from her Twitter stream and her FaceBook updates she was as excited as I was :-)

We did a little bit of Google searching and it turns out that Nora (without an "h") is actually an acronym for all kinds of things - my favorite is "National Oil Recycler's Association". But, a Google search for Norah with an "h" returns a bunch of famous people's names. Since Norah doesn't do a lot of oil recycling herself, we decided to add an H to the end of her name. She can't spell, so it doesn't seem to be bothering her in the slightest.

I got her home and she adapted to her new surroundings very quickly. She spend the first 20 minutes or so sniffing all around the apartment until she found a spot on the couch that she liked and parked herself there to watch TV with me. We went for a walk later in the evening and I didn't hear any complaints from her about her new neighborhood either :-)

Tomorrow I will need to go out and get her some more dog food, and a dog bed for her to sleep in since she likes to sleep in the same room as her humans but can't sleep on the human bed because poor Kerby's immune system seems to think that it should attack everything ranging from pollen to pet dander. I would really like to keep both Kerby and Norah around though, so getting Norah her own bed seems to be the best plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment